[Asterisk-Users] MeetMe bugs in 1.2.0rc1?

Patrick asterisk at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Thu Nov 10 12:02:16 MST 2005

Hi all,

Just checking if I have not misconfigured/misunderstood MeetMe before
submitting a bug.

After dialing into a conference with a local SIP phone I am asked to say
my name after the beep and press the "#" key. But after the beep sounds
I immediately hear "you are currently the only person in the
conference".

Dialplan:
[conferences]
exten => 8700,n,MeetMe(1234,i)

Output on Asterisk console:
    -- Executing MeetMe("SIP/5003-bc5d", "1234|i") in new stack
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/meetme.conf': Found
    -- Created MeetMe conference 1023 for conference '1234'
    -- Recording
    -- Playing 'vm-rec-name' (language 'en')
    -- Playing 'beep' (language 'en')
    -- x=0, open
writing:  /var/spool/asterisk/meetme/meetme-username-1234-1 format: sln,
(nil)
    -- Playing 'conf-onlyperson' (language 'en')

The /var/spool/asterisk/meetme dir does not exist and it seems MeetMe
does not try to create it when it is not there. When I manually create
the /var/spool/asterisk/meetme directory it works fine. Bug?

If I configure MeetMe to play Music when only a single caller is in the
conference & that caller presses "*" for the menu then the admin menu is
played and immediately afterwards jumps back to the music. Isn't the
user supposed to make a choice and use "8" to return from the menu to
the conference?

Dialplan:
[conferences]
exten => 8700,n,MeetMe(1234,s)

Output on Asterisk console:    -- Executing MeetMe("SIP/5003-c394",
"1234|Ms") in new stack
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/meetme.conf': Found
    -- Created MeetMe conference 1023 for conference '1234'
    -- Playing 'conf-onlyperson' (language 'en')
    -- Started music on hold, class 'default', on channel
'SIP/5003-c394'
    -- Stopped music on hold on SIP/5003-c394
    -- Playing 'conf-usermenu' (language 'en')
    -- Started music on hold, class 'default', on channel
'SIP/5003-c394'
    -- Stopped music on hold on SIP/5003-c394
    -- Started music on hold, class 'default', on channel
'SIP/5003-c394'

Regards,
Patrick