[Asterisk-Users] Sipura 2000

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Nov 10 06:50:39 MST 2005

> I followed your steps to the letter but after resetting to factory defaults
> unfortunately it still doesn't record the configuration changes I do.
>
> 2005/11/9, Adam Moffett <adam at plexicomm.net>:
> > If you unplug the ethernet cable on a Sipura SPA and then reset the
> > power it'll boot up in a diagnostic mode.  When you pick up the phone
> > that's connected to it you'll get a dialtone and there are speical codes
> > you can dial to do various things.

It would be helpful if you told us where you got the box from. If it
was used with an itsp, they have probably configured it to disallow
config changes.

Sipura has provided a number of ways for itsp's to secure their products
and it is very possible to disable changes for "each" config parameter
in the box. Other options in the box force it to resync the configuration
with the itsp "after" any changes are made, and also check for changes
after xxx number of seconds (I think the default was 3600 seconds).

If you can't make changes in "admin" mode, then you either have a box
that was preconfigured by an itsp, or, possibly a defective box.

Someone else suggested you reset the box to factory defaults by using
an attached touchtone phone. If you can't do that either, then its
fairly obvious the box was secured by your previous itsp.