[Asterisk-Users] iax2 config sanity check

Brian May bam at snoopy.apana.org.au
Wed Nov 9 18:19:40 MST 2005

    Brian> The username and the peer name aren't the same thing.
    Brian> There is some ambiguity floating around as to just how the
    Brian> syntax parses out fully.

    Brian> Use the username, microcomaustralia (ugh.  that name is too
    Brian> long) in front of the peer name,
    Brian> e.g. IAX2/microcomaustralia at ivt/5999 and see how that works
    Brian> out.  Assuming 5999 is the extension you want to reach at
    Brian> the other end.

Thanks for you suggestion.

Unfortunately the results are exactly the same.

If I keep waiting until the timeout, it says:

    -- Executing Dial("Zap/1-1", "IAX2/ivt/5999") in new stack
    -- Called ivt/5999
Nov 10 12:14:55 WARNING[2644]: chan_iax2.c:1480 attempt_transmit: Max retries exceeded to host 202.91.207.49 on IAX2/ivt/1 (type = 6, subclass = 1, ts=3, seqno=0)
    -- Hungup 'IAX2/ivt/1'

or after your suggestion:

    -- Called microcomaustralia at ivt/5999
Nov 10 12:06:32 WARNING[2644]: chan_iax2.c:1480 attempt_transmit: Max retries exceeded to host 202.91.207.49 on IAX2/ivt/1 (type = 6, subclass = 1, ts=9, seqno=0)
    -- Hungup 'IAX2/ivt/1'

so it seems to be getting the correct IP address, even though nothing
is getting sent. Curious.

    Brian> You shouldn't be pulling your hair out even if nobody answers your
    Brian> emails.  Just play around with the different parts of the dialstring
    Brian> and watch the CLI.  It's fun.

Yes, if this was the only thing I had to do it would be fun ;-).

Unfortunately I have to deal with a constant stream of telemarketers
wanting to test my new asterisk system out, debugging software
problems that deteriorate into hardware problems (so finding the
original software bug is impossible[1]), and other "real life" issues.

Notes:
[1] no, this wasn't asterisk.
--
Brian May <bam at snoopy.apana.org.au>