[Asterisk-Users] RE: Asterisk-Users Digest, Vol 16, Issue 60

Michaël Gaudette michael.gaudette at hec.ca
Wed Nov 9 14:13:27 MST 2005

> I'm trying to send some DTMF dialtones (for an extension on the other
> end).
> My call is done from a Zap channel, to Asterisk, throught an IAX
> provider,
> to a PSTN line in some university.
>
> The phone number I am trying to reach is 555-555-5555 exten 1234.
> What I did is an
> Exten => 201,1,Dial(IAX2/provider/5555555555||D(1234))
>
> Well, that doesn’t work.  The other end doesn’t seem to accept the DTMF
> tones.  Maybe Asterisk is sending them too quickly (how to I put a
> pause in
> between?)<snip>
It could be that the audio codec you are using is munging the tones
into an unusable form....

Well the mystery thickens (or not)...

Turns out my first digit is sent correctly.  For example, that PBX system
asks me for french (press 1) or english (press 2).  I use the D option of
Dial this way: "D(1)" and get french options.  If I use D(2) I get english.

Now, the exact tones I want to send are 5, slight pause, and then 5039.

How do I do this?  I tried D(5w5039) but I got the exact same result as just
sending D(5). It`s like all the subsequent tones are ignored, or are sent
too fast and not recognized by the PBX ( but then again, 5w5w0w3w9 doesn`t
work either).

I am at a loss.  I`m offering a token 5$CAN by PayPal for whoever finds my
answer. (remember, I am using IAX2)

Mike