[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel Outbound Caller ID on E1 in UK

Matt King m at orderlysoftware.com
Wed Nov 9 19:56:21 MST 2005

Hello,

   We've got a shiny new TE411P hooked up to four E1s at a carrier (not
BT) here in the UK.  Everything's working great, except that we can't
seem to work out how to set caller ID on outgoing calls.  When I dial
out to my mobile, the caller id is shown as the pilot number of the
range we've got assigned to *, whatever we seem to do.  We really need
to be able to set this arbitrarily, and/or to the caller ID of incoming
calls when bridging.

   Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Here's our conf so far...

zaptel.conf:

span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4,yellow
span=2,2,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4,yellow
span=3,3,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4,yellow
span=4,4,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4,yellow

bchan=1-15,17-31
dchan=16
bchan=32-46,48-62
dchan=47
bchan=63-77,79-93
dchan=78
bchan=94-108,110-124
dchan=109
loadzone = uk
defaultzone=uk

zapata.conf:

[channels]
context=orderlyq
switchtype=euroisdn
pridialplan=local
prilocaldialplan=local
signalling=pri_cpe
rxwink=300
usecallerid=yes
cidsignalling=v23
cidstart=polarity
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
sendcalleridafter=1
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
group=1
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no
callprogress=no
callerid=asreceived
channel => 1-15,17-31

extensions.conf:
exten => 1000,1,Dial(ZAP/g1/07743898503|20)

   Thanks in advance...

      Matt King, M.A. Oxon.
      Managing Director, Orderly Software Ltd.
      01392 421 078 or 0774 38 98 503
      http://www.orderlyq.com - the world's most advanced queue system.