[Asterisk-Users] iax2 config sanity check

Brian May bam at snoopy.apana.org.au
Wed Nov 9 00:50:08 MST 2005

Hello,

Based on my reading and understanding of the documentation, in
extensions.conf all I need is:

exten => _5XXX,1,Dial(IAX2/ivt/${EXTEN})

As asterisk will look up the rest of the configuration in iax.conf:

--- cut ---
[ivt]
username=microcomaustralia
type=friend
host=dynamic
context=default
host=202.91.207.49
permit=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
auth=rsa
inkeys=ivt
outkey=microcomaustralia
--- cut ---

However this doesn't work - I get no packets whatsoever getting sent to
202.91.207.49. In fact no packets I have observed look related in
anyway.

Asterisk displays:

    -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/1-1'
    -- Executing Dial("Zap/1-1", "IAX2/ivt/5999") in new stack
    -- Called ivt/5999

[ pause until I hang up ]

    -- Hungup 'IAX2/ivt/1'
    == Spawn extension (international, 5999, 1) exited
       non-zero on 'Zap/1-1'

It seems that I have to include the full IP address and key in the Dial
instruction. Then it works.

>From memory if I wait long enough it will timeout, but the timeout error
doesn't help track the problem down.

What am I doing wrong?

I get the impression that it is finding the [ivt] entry in iax.conf, but
unable to prove it beyond doubt. If it can't find it the results appear
to be exactly the same, except the number of the channel in "IAX2/ivt/1" is
incremented after every attempt.

Any help before I pull all my hair out would be much appreciated.

Asterisk version 1.0.9.dfsg.1-3
--
Brian May <bam at snoopy.apana.org.au>