[Asterisk-Users] Stopping Asterisk from forwarding calls?

Michael Anderson michaela at qualitau.com
Tue Nov 8 09:34:52 MST 2005

On 11/8/05, John Lange <john.lange at open-it.ca> wrote:
> Ultimately this turned out to be a red herring as well. dialparties.agi
> just does a database dip to figure out which extensions are forwarded
> and then builds a dialstring based on whats left. It then returns to the
> Asterisk dialplan and the extensions are still dialed in the normal way.
>
> I stopped looking at this point but it appears that it only works if you
> are using AMP to manage your extensions in a database.

The AGI script is actually not checking for extensions in the
database, but for DND, call forward and call forward on busy
indications.  This works if you are keeping track of such things with
the Asterisk database, how the extensions are defined doesn't matter.
However  it doesn't work if the phone is handling the call forward
and/or DND.

I don't think the script is smart enough to handle calls forwarded to
voicemail although you can probably modify it to do so if your
voicemail extensions have a standard pattern.