[Asterisk-Users] Music-on-Hold problem

Alex Epshteyn alex at thirdlane.com
Tue Nov 8 09:09:51 MST 2005

Hi,

We are experiencing a strange problem playing music-on-hold - or perhaps it
is a problem with the configuration of a Zap channel. When a call comes in
from PSTN (FXO card) and MusicOnHold application is executed, the music on
hold starts (Asterisk reports that the moh has started -  and you can see
that the mpg123 process is running) but the caller continues hearing ringing
and no moh. Also, and possibly related, Zap channel stays in Offhook state
after the caller hangs up. We tried a variety of options to make Asterisk
detect hangup (busydetect, callprogress, etc) with no success.

Could it be a hardware problem? Does anyone know of any
bugs/issues/configuration errors that are likely to cause this? It appears
that somehow the music being played is not delivered to the channel (could
it be device configuration?). We are running Red Hat with 2.6 kernel, with
udev configured as specified in README.udev, mpg123-0.59r. I apologize for
not describing the whole environment, software versions, etc - I am not sure
what info would be relevant.

Help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex