[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 Password Recovery

B. J. Bomar bbomar at fngi.net
Tue Nov 8 08:11:52 MST 2005

The only way is if you are using DHCP to get an IP address to the phone.  If
you are, then you can have it point the phone to a TFTP server with config
files with a new password.  If you are using a static IP, then you are out
of luck.  I opened up a TAC case about a year ago, and that is what Cisco
said.  Fortunately we were able to guess what it was reset to, otherwise
that phone would still be locked today.

B. J.

  _____