[Asterisk-Users] BRI cards, HFC, and bristuff - a general question to clear up my understanding.

Hamish Whittal hamish at QEDux.co.za
Tue Nov 8 06:57:56 MST 2005

Hi Folks,

After doing extensive reading it seems that I am more confused than when
I started out.

I have an Asustek ISDNLink (P-IN100-ST-D) BRI card. I know that it has a
Winbond W6692 chipset, but there is much confusion in my head regarding
whether to use bristuff (which seems to work with the HFC chipset - is
this Winbond an HFC chipset or not?), mISDN, which from my reading is
still somewhat unstable, ISDN4linux which seems to be feature poor or
capi-channel (which seems to not be supported on this card, so that's
easy!).

I have, in the past, got this card working with the hisax driver to do
dial-up to the ISP, but this driver seems to have been deprecated. I was
wondering whether those guru's out there that have had success with
their BRI cards could step forward.

I am loathe to buy a AVM Fritz card as they are VERY expensive here and
if I can get this card working - hey presto, since these thingies are
very cheap.

Thanks in advance,

Hamish