[Asterisk-Users] OT: Atlas 550 Caller ID interoperability with Di gium TE110P?

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Tue Nov 8 07:37:16 MST 2005

Last night, my Atlas 550 failed big-time. Adtran, to their great credit, is
overnighting me a new one even though it is out of warranty. I am working
around this on my Asterisk box by plugging in my PRI directly into my TE110P
and receiving faxes with Asterisk where they used to be received with an
analog fax (The Atlas was basically a very expensive analog channel bank +
PRI for Asterisk, fax machines, dialup modems, fax software, and other
things)

Immediately after plugging in the PRI directly into the TE110P I noticed
that Asterisk started receiving CallerID name AND number, whereas before,
with the Atlas in-line, only the Caller ID number would be passed. Since
Caller ID name was spotty before, even on our Mitel 3300 without the Atlas,
I just assumed that it was the telco not passing it, and I worked around it
with lookup scripts that would query first our CRM,  and then Canada411.com
(works great!)

Now that I know that the Atlas is inhibiting the Caller ID name, I asked
Adtran support about it and went into detail about switchtype etc. They
basically said that they had no idea why and it was my CPE (the TE110P) that
was causing the problem. Obviously false, because here I am plugged directly
into my PRI and I am getting full Caller ID.

Are there any Atlas users out there that have any insight on this issue?
Config is Atlas 550 + 2 X Octal 8 port analog cards + 1 4 port T1 card. PRI
from Telco is National switchtype and plugged into Port 1 of the 4 port T1
and CPE (TE110P) is plugged into Port 2. Year-old firmware rev on the Atlas
(can't tell you exactly because I can't get it to boot). Dialplan on Atlas
is to send Caller ID as presented.

tia