[Asterisk-Users] Stopping Asterisk from forwarding calls?

Tad Heckaman douglash at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 13:35:12 MST 2005

I use Asterisk at Home, and if I have one of my Cisco phones forwarded to my
cell phone, when the phones ring in a ring group, it never forwards. You may
want to look at the latest configs that comes with Asterisk at Home and see if
theres some special dialplans thats doing what your looking for.

Keep in mind I am using the call forward on the phone, and not the built in
call forward in the dialplan.

On 11/7/05, Kevin P. Fleming <kpfleming at digium.com> wrote:

> John Lange wrote:
>
> > Reading the source code I see there are two parameters for channels,
> > allowredir_in & allowredir_out. These offer me some hope that Asterisk
> > has the ability but I couldn't figure out what these do or how to make
> > use of them (I'm not a C programmer so maybe its just a red herring?).
>
> Those are entirely unrelated.
>
> At this time there is no method available to make Asterisk ignore
> incoming '302 REDIRECT' from SIP phones. It may be possible to send
> those 'forward' requests to a context that has no valid extensions in
> it, but I don't think we even support that at this time.

Tad Heckaman