[Asterisk-Users] CentOS vs. Vanilla Kernel

Ryan Amos ramos at finetooth.com
Mon Nov 7 11:50:16 MST 2005

The default CentOS kernel has worked fine for me.

Just an FYI; CentOS uses the RedHat EL kernel source to build... It's
pretty heavily patched so if you want to use the latest stable, download
the SRPMs from RedHat/CentOS and patch in the kernel.org patches.

But yeah, stick with the CentOS kernel unless you have problems.

-Ryan