[Asterisk-Users] 403 Forbidden

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Nov 6 07:29:13 MST 2005

> Hi - I'm new to Asterisk and I've got asterisk@ home running with a TDM12B with
Grandstream 2000 phones.

> I can login to the phones using the browser, login to the AMP, but I can't make any
calls either internal or external, via softphone or Grandstream.  I get an error 403
Forbidden in the soft phone. The Grandstream gives a busy signal and 503 error or 403
on line3.

> The calls are being logged in the AMP as NO ANSWER.
>
> I just sent this in to Digium, but I don't think it's a related issue.
>
> Thanks for any ideas - Tim
>
> eMail to Digium:
> I'm getting an error that indicates 1 of my 3 cards on the TDM12B is not working.  I
bought it from Digium Canada.

>  -- DID YOU REMEMBER TO PLUG IN THE HD POWER CABLE TO THE TDM400P??

Have you answered the question above?
That's telling you that you didn't plug in a power connector to the
edge of the TDM card when you installed it.

Your Granstream phones are likely not working because apparently you
have not configured them to "register" with asterisk. You will somehow
need to program the phones with a userid and password so then can
register with asterisk, and, you will need to tell asterisk what the
userid and passwords are for those phones (so it can authorize the
registration).

Since this is an Asterisk user's list (and not an Asterisk at Home list),
you'd probably have better luck getting appropriate responses from the
asterisk at home list. The majority of folks on this list don't use
asterisk at home so can't offer a lot of suggestions. I'd have to guess
there are instructions/guidelines or something with asterisk at home
that you've probably not read as yet.