[Asterisk-Users] "Hand-over" phone connections

Arik Funke arik.funke at gmx.de
Sat Nov 5 13:37:25 MST 2005

Hello,

can somebody tell me if following is possible and if yes, how?

Assume we have a Asterisk server to which two VoIP clients are connected
over the internet (i.e. not internally). Now I would like to avoid
having the connection run over the server but would like the server to
tell the clients that they should contacts each other directly. Thus I
would obviously avoid traffic, load on the server and reduce delays.

Now how do I go about this? Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers,
Arik

PS: The clients have dynamic IP adresses and are possibly behind nat
server...