[Asterisk-Users] How uniqueids are formed - possible race conditions for linked channels?

Roger Schreiter roger at planinternet.de
Sat Nov 5 06:35:45 MST 2005

Stefan Reuter schrieb:
> To propose the best solution we must know more about your actual use
> case.

Thanks for your answer!

I want to track the ringing event of the outgoing channel.
Unfortunatelly the link event is fired not before connect.

Thus, I see first the incoming channel (SIP or IAX) which tells
me the username, who is using the channel, and some more data,
which identifies the call uniqueliy for my system.

Afterwords, I see the outgoing channel (Zap, SIP or IAX),
which after some time (up to 20 seconds for mobile channels
or even longer for bad routes) gets the ringing event.

Now I'm looking for mean, to get the ringing event (of the outgoing
channel) related to the incoming channel name.

Roger.