[Asterisk-Users] How uniqueids are formed - possible race conditions for linked channels?

Stefan Reuter srt at reucon.net
Sat Nov 5 05:52:07 MST 2005

On Sat, 2005-11-05 at 13:42 +0100, Roger Schreiter wrote:
> Now I wonder, whether I can rely on that scheme.
> I assume, the timestamp part can be different, e.g.
> if between the creation of the incoming channel and
> the creation of the outgoing channel the system clock
> switches to the next second. (Or even more, if an AGI-
> script or anything else has consumed more time in between.)

in general you can't rely on it. It really depends on how the call is
processed.
Usually there are more reliable ways to determine which channels are
linked, for example through the Manager API that generates Link and
Unlink events.
To propose the best solution we must know more about your actual use
case.

=Stefan