[Asterisk-Users] Re: SIP Disconnect Supervision

Doug Meredith doug.meredith at skyridge.com
Fri Nov 4 07:27:44 MST 2005

Steve Blair <blairs at isc.upenn.edu> wrote:

>  I have a case where a call from the PSTN to our SER proxy goes unanswered.
>As a result it is relayed to our Asterisk server for voicemail. However
>before
>the greeting plays the caller hangs up. This results in an empty message
>being created and emailed or the mwi gets activated.
>
>  I saw a few posts about Disconnect Supervision and Disconnect Supervision
>with inbound SIP connections but I did not see any resolution to the SIP
>question.
>
>  Does this sound like a SIP Disconnect Supervision issue? If not what seems
>to be the issue? Also does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop
>these messages from being created?

I think you may be misunderstanding this a bit.  Disconnect
supervision is a PSTN issue not a SIP issue.  Presumably your problem
occurs because the caller hangs up and the telco doesn't signal this
to you in a timely fashion.  Therefore your device doesn't go on hook
and it doesn't tear-down the SIP session.

Doug
--
Doug Meredith (doug.meredith at systemguard.com)
SystemGuard - Oracle remote support