[Asterisk-Users] Sipura password not working

telephony at jonjay.com telephony at jonjay.com
Wed Nov 2 19:32:55 MST 2005

I have an Asterisk server and several Sipura 2100 ATAs.

My fundamental problem is caused by the different terminologies
used by SIP clients and servers.  Some examples are:

    The parameter known as "Password" in the Sipura ATA is known
    as "secret" in Asterisk.

    The parameter between [brackets] in sip.conf is known as
    "User ID" in the Sipura devices.

My specific problem is that I can't figure out how to make the
passwords work.  My users are currently using whatever features
are available to a password-less phone.

This is my current understanding of the translation table between
Asterisk and Sipura terminology:

        Asterisk                    Sipura

  [some extension number here]      User ID
  username                          Auth ID
  secret                            Password
  callerid                          Display Name

There must be something wrong in my translation table, because
as I said before, the use of any password results in a rejected
registration.

TIA,

-Ramon F Herrera