[Asterisk-Users] listening on multiple port #'s

Andre Normandin anorman at superdata.com
Wed Nov 2 18:44:15 MST 2005

If you are running your asterisk box on Linux, just add a rule to your
iptables to route any port xxxx to port 5060 on the local box, this way both
ports respond the same way..

I do that now with my mail system(s).. It accepts incoming smtp on port 25
(standard port), but I also accept it on a different port for my clients
that exist on networks where outbound SMTP is blocked except to the service
provider(s) smtp server (Cox communications cable modem here in the USA is a
prime example)..

 - Andre