[Asterisk-Users] Error with loading an FXS module

Michaël Gaudette michael.gaudette at hec.ca
Wed Nov 2 15:11:34 MST 2005

Thanks Rich for your reply.

> If you modprobe zaptel and wctdm, then run ztcfg -vvv, you
> shoud see the four modules like this:
> Channel map:
>
> Channel 01: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01) Channel 02:
> FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 02) Channel 03: FXS
> Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 03) Channel 04: FXS Kewlstart
> (Default) (Slaves: 04)
>
> 4 channels configured.
>
> (The above is showing four red fxo modules installed on my system.)
>
> If you get error messages at this point, then contact digium
> support to have them help with an RMA on a possible defective module.
>
> If you get a response similar to the above, then the TDM card
> and its modules are _likely_ okay.

I did this and I did not get any error.  BUT, dmesg shows errors with the
switch the modules around, and the error followed the module  (pointing me
to a module problem, not a TDM400 probem).

Turns out I have an RMA now with Digium, so it`s defective hardware (at leas
in their opinion, which is good enough for me).  Thank you for your reply, I
really appreciate the level of support I am getting from volunteers like
you.

Regards,

Michaël