[Asterisk-Users] Error with one of my Zapata channels

Michaël Gaudette michael.gaudette at hec.ca
Tue Nov 1 11:35:38 MST 2005

Hello,

Ever since I started playing with Beta versions of Asterisk, I've had a
problem.  It might just be coincidence though, since before that I didn't
touch the Asterisk PC for a good 2 weeks and I had done alot playing around
with config files.

I have a 4 port FXS/FXO card (with 2 of each in).  I asked in this mailing
list about an Audio pipe broken (error message from Asteirsk) and I was told
it was usually Zapata.conf that was the problem, and I confirmed it was.
The problem si I don't know what the exact cause is.

I have my channels defined in zaptel.conf as
fxoks=1,2
fxsks=3,4

In zapata.conf, I have: (I commented out the other 2 cards)

signalling = fxo_ks
context = test
channel => 1

signalling = fxo_ks
context = test
channel => 2

Now, this gives me the Audio pipe broken error. BUT, If I comment out
channel 1 out of zapata.conf, my second phone (connected to channel 2) works
perfectly (as far as I can tell, the dialplan works).

Further investigation showed that my var/log/messages had the following two
lines in reference to those cards:
Module 0: FAILED FXS (FCC)
Module 1: INSTALLED -- AUTO FXS/DPO

But ztcfg -vvvvvvvvvvvvv shows no error.

Am I dealing with a hardware issue?  Can I fix it, or is this a defective
card?

This was seen on v-1-2-0Beta1 but I have just confirmed the same behavior on
beta2.

Thanks for any help that may come my way.

Mike