[Asterisk-Users] VoiPSupply Dot Com

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Tue May 31 11:43:30 MST 2005

On 5/31/05, Karl J. Vesterling <kjv at ken-ton.com> wrote:

>  I'm amazed that this thread keeps going...

So am I, but you keep it up :)

>  About the claim of Ship-To being on file with bank...
>
>  CDW doesn't have a problem with it...  Ingram Micro doesn't have a problem
> with it.  Merisel doesn't have a problem with it.  Digi-Key doesn't have a
> problem with it...  Why would Voip-Supply???

Last time I checked this was an item you ordered from VoipSupply, and
VoipSupply DOES require you to have the Ship-To address on file with
your bank (BTW, so do others, so you got some that don't, wow), and
yes VoipSupply does clearly state that, when you go thru the process
of checking out the items on their web site.

>  We accept packages every day with the same Ship-To address specified to
> Voip-Supply...

WOW, really a nice accomplishment. But I don't think that if you don't
have that ship to address on file with your bank, and you order things
from voipsupply.com thru their web site, that they arrive as well.

>  Additional comments dispursed throughout....
>
>  At 02:32 PM 5/27/2005, you wrote:
>
> On 5/27/05, Karl J. Vesterling <kjv at ken-ton.com> wrote:
>  >  At 08:59 AM 5/27/2005, you wrote:
>  >
>  > [ snip for brevity ]
>  >  I just wanted to clarify ... this isn't a voipsupply.com problem at all,
>  > but
>  >  rather a courier screwup... which happens anywhere and at anytime...
> right?
>  >
>  >  TWO screw ups in the shipment.
>  >  1.) It was shipped to the Bill-To address.  Since there is no one there
>  > during the day I had to sit and wait for it lest it not be delivered.
>
>  This screw up has to do with the person that ordered it, because they
>  didn't have the ship to address on file with their bank.
>  This was not a paypal transaction.
>  The PO had BIG BOLD LETTERS - "Ship To:"

Again, you love beating around the bush, it doesn't matter if it was
PayPal or not, it was VoipSupply.com but you know what (listen to this
because I think you never heard about it before) VoipSupply.com has a
policy that you can't ship to an address that you don't have on file
with your bank, and VoipSupply.com makes you aware of this when you
check out.

>  I'm unaware of any practices with the bank that requiring Ship-To addresses
> to be on file with them.

You are not saying the truth here, since you are aware, I told you
about it at least 4 days ago. BTW, it might not be the bank, but the
merchant in our case (yep you guessed it, no not PayPal, not CDW, yeah
you got it....) VoipSupply.com might be the one requiring it.

>  Perhaps your financial institution is a bit different?
>

> >  2.) when an order is placed on a Tuesday AM (or) Monday PM, and it's
>  > priority overnight, and it's across town, and the tracking number was
>  > supplied on Wednesday one would expect that it would show up Thursday,
> not
>  > Friday.
>
>  See above, again this is a screw up that happened because of the one
>  that ordered it, by NOT having the ship to address on file with their
>  bank.
>  Where do you get this Ship-To on file w/ Bank idea?

I have it all the time, here are 2 that require that:
www.voipsupply.com
www.thenerds.com

I get the following when checking out from thenerds.com:
Note: To help prevent credit card fraud, TheNerds.Net can only ship
orders to a verifiable address. If you choose an alternate shipping
address you will be required to make this address verifiable with your
credit card company. This will involve placing a call to your credit
card company at the Customer Service number listed on the back of your
credit card to have an "alternate address memo" notated on your
account. The credit card company must enter the name and address of
the person to whom you are requesting your package be sent.
TheNerds.Net's order processing department will phone your credit card
company to confirm you have set up the alternate address memo.
TheNerds.net's Order Processing Department usually confirms all orders
with an alternate shipping address within 24 hours.

If your Credit Card company is unable to set up this alternate address
memo, please call our order processing department with your order
confirmation number at [1-888-566-6373].

> Anyhow, you were already answered before that it had to do because YOU
>  didn't have the address on file with your bank. Why are you repeating
>  this lie that it is voipsupply.coms fault?
>  Be repeating it you make yourself look more like a politician or media
>  person, but certainly not someone that is in the electronic
>  engineering business. No I will not believe it because I read it
>  twice, so stop it.
>  No lie...  Fact.  There is a difference...
>

>  >  So, what we have here is one problem compounded by another, none on
> behalf
>  > of the courier.
>
>  Exactly, but on behalf of the ordered.
>
>  If you give a Ship-To address that is NOT on file with your bank, you
>  will NOT get it to that address, and it WILL delay shipping.
>  Gosh dang spin doctors...
>  Where does it state this???
>  Prove it.

Here it is from the checkout page (the step where you choose a payment
option) on VoipSupply.com:
IMPORTANT: Your billing and shipping addresses MUST match the address
your credit card statement is mailed to or must be listed as an
alternate shipping address with your credit card company. If the
address does not match, your order may be delayed or canceled. If you
have any questions about this while placing your order, please contact
our sales department at 1-800-398-VOIP and someone can complete your
order making any necessary modifications.