[Asterisk-Users] Tools for effectively manage Asterisk

Dan Perik dan_perik at ntm.org
Tue May 31 06:53:05 MST 2005

Dustin Wildes wrote:

> I feel there is nothing wrong with having a web-based configuration
> utility, if set up correctly. Look at the WRT54G Linksys router, plus
> other countless devices that use an embedded browser for configurations.

Just a nitpick, if I may. They have embedded http servers, not
browsers.  But I'm sure that's what you meant.

Having said that, I agree that putting streamlined apache/php on an *
box isn't going to cause grief.  Heck, I'm breaking lots of rules, and
haven't running into problems (yet).  I run _everything_ on my Athlon
3000+/1GB Gentoo machine.  Apache, postfix, named, mysql, courier-imap,
firebird / avg tcp server, nagios, samba, X/Gnome, and vncserver/Gnome!
I even (gasp) play some games on it.  I'm sure that slows down some of
the server functions, but I haven't noticed any problems (yet).  I'm
hoping to get my own dedicated server box soon to offload all the
non-client stuff, but until then, it all goes on this one machine.  Yes,
this is a home setup, but with ties to work functions.

- Dan