[Asterisk-Users] Tools for effectively manage Asterisk

Joseph tech at ekn.com
Tue May 31 06:16:45 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 15:08 +0200, asterisk at frameweb.it wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> we have started playing with asterisk about one month ago, and we do like
> very much what we are experiencing.
> Now we would like to take some step further towards "standardizing"
> installed modules, functionalities, tools etc.
>
> The "wall" we are facing now is: choosing the right tool for * management.
>
> We tried AMP, very powerful but incomplete (CAPI is very important to us);
> it also suffers from its prerequisites: apache, mysql, php... too much
> things that should not go in a pbx....
>
> We tried IPSwitchboard, but it seems only good as a monitor, not as a
> configuration tool (are we correct or are we missing something?)
>
> At this point we are thinking that we better abandon the idea of GUI tools
> and that we must go on the road of "vi editing" of .conf files.
>
> We would like to understand what other people are using for asterisk
> management, and to get some suggestion from the community.

Vi is certainly a simple and stable solution.
One idea that works well for us, is to put similar static type configs
together. For example: put all the remote sip entries in one config and
all the local sip entries in another, than include them both in your
sip.conf file.

It would be interesting if vi would highlight the * entries.

--
respectfully, Joseph ===============