[Asterisk-Users] Tools for effectively manage Asterisk

asterisk at frameweb.it asterisk at frameweb.it
Tue May 31 06:08:53 MST 2005

Hallo,

we have started playing with asterisk about one month ago, and we do like
very much what we are experiencing.
Now we would like to take some step further towards "standardizing"
installed modules, functionalities, tools etc.

The "wall" we are facing now is: choosing the right tool for * management.

We tried AMP, very powerful but incomplete (CAPI is very important to us);
it also suffers from its prerequisites: apache, mysql, php... too much
things that should not go in a pbx....

We tried IPSwitchboard, but it seems only good as a monitor, not as a
configuration tool (are we correct or are we missing something?)

At this point we are thinking that we better abandon the idea of GUI tools
and that we must go on the road of "vi editing" of .conf files.

We would like to understand what other people are using for asterisk
management, and to get some suggestion from the community.

Any suggestion is welcome

Francesco Pellegrini

|      Frame Srl                 |
|      Via Antonio Cantore 62/10 |