[Asterisk-Users] Sipura 2000 behind NAT issue, Vonage is working

David Hajek david.hajek at systinet.com
Tue May 31 03:06:55 MST 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to configure Sipura 2000 (behind NAT) which connects to
Asterisk (public IP, no NAT) and having interesting results. When Sipura
is behind Linux/NAT firewall it works great and no special NAT settings
on Sipura are necessary. The issue I'm having is when Sipura is behind
Linksys broadband NAT router. Sipura gets registered with Asterisk just
fine, but I can't hear the other party (to be more precise I can hear
first two secs then nothing). So it must be the incoming RTP is blocked
on Linksys. Here I think STUN server enters the game and give some help?

I have installed Vovida STUN server and point Sipura to use it. But no
luck, I still can't hear the other party. I've ended up with having
Linksys to forward all ports to my Sipura (DMZ host) which works.

What is interesting is that when I'm using Vonage service (Cisco ATA) it
works just fine without touching the Linksys. How come they can get
through it?

Any hints?

--
David Hajek