[Asterisk-Users] How to configure Inter7's Asterisk Fax with Postfix

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Tue May 31 03:04:39 MST 2005

On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 05:38:55PM +0800, Eddie wrote:
> Tzafrir,
>
> We need to send an email with the fax number for astfax to fax.
> eg:
> From: <example at example.org>
> To: <15555555555 at example.org>
> Subject: ...
>
> <attach fax image>
>
> How to configure postfix to understand and deliver this?
> I've tried putting this line in /etc/aliases :
> fax:        |/var/mail/ast_fax/ast_fax /var/mail/ast_fax/ast_fax.call
>
> It don't seems to works.

This is basically a postfix question and not an asterisk question. What
you should do is probably define an alternative transport, "fax", in
/etc/postfix/master.cf . See the following example for defining the
transport "maildrop":

  http://www.postfix.org/MAILDROP_README.html

This will keep the "local" method for actual mail delivery (e.g: cron
jobs to root). You should be able to define such exceptions in the
transports file.