[Asterisk-Users] Meridian 808 Function

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Mon May 30 09:12:13 MST 2005

On Mon, 30 May 2005 08:53:12 -0700 (PDT), Miguel Ruiz Velasco Sobrino wrote
> Hi,
> Some time ago, there was a discussion about the inability of nortel
> meridian pbx to dial analog tones thru an meridian ATA, and the work
> arround was to enable 808 function that makes the dtmf tones long
> for the current call.
>
> The nortel meridian is connected via a nortel ATA to a TDM400 to a
> FXO port.
>
> Anyone can say me who to actually use that function (you dial
> something or is pbx programation)?
>
> Thanks for the hint

     The way to use is (which I do not really recommend) is that the nortel
user will dial the extension that is connected to the Asterisk server and then
press the FUNCTION button on his/her phone followed by 808.  After 1 or 2
seconds the phone will say "Long Tones".  You can then dial the extension you
want on the * server.

     The best way to integrate with a Meridian is to use FXS ports connected
to trunk line ports and then configure the PBX to dial something like 7 to get
a dial tone from the Asterisk server.  That way your users do not have to
remember a complicated procedure.

--
Carlos Chavez
Director de Tecnología