[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on Soekris

Dustin Wildes asterisk-users at vecsector.com
Mon May 30 07:30:50 MST 2005

Chris Mason (Lists) wrote:

>I thought I saw a Soekris embedded in the Digium booth photos, can you run
>Asterisk on one of these? How? I'd be interested in it for a back pbx, given
>the reliability. In fact, might want to move my home pbx to this also.
>
>Chris Mason

If I'm not mistaken, the Soekris hardware does fine for a few voice
channels - but not a very high performance piece of hardware.  For
example, if you wanted a full solution as a VPN, Asterisk server, media
streaming via ICEs, web server, email server, etc...  it will start to
lack in performace when compared to a VIA EDEN system which can use DDR
memory and such.