[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Multi Tenant setup

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Sun May 29 20:29:33 MST 2005

After a lot of hours I'm getting close to finishing up a multi tenant
interface to asterisk based on the static database.  I could use a bit
of help in one area if someone would like to contribute.  The code
will be released under the bsd license.
Right now the only part that is not done is the context parsing for
dial commands, and of course further testing to weed out bugs.

What I need is a perl regex that can parse any dial statement for any
channel type and convert the context name to __[username]__[context]__
for all instances.  I'm not completely up to speed on all the
different variations that a dial command can take with the different
channel types, so someone who knows that part better than me could
probably do this a lot quicker than I could.

A bit more information about this project.  It has two parts.  The
first part is an abstraction layer for the static database to add
multi tenant functionality.  All additions/updates/deletes to the
database are done through a perl module that provides the abstraction
layer.  Mulitple users can have their own copies of the configuration
files and not have to worry about naming collisions with context
names.   All users can share the [globals] section of extensions.conf.
 Only administrative users can set variables in sections such as
[general], [classes], etc..

On top of the abstraction layer there is also a web interface.  You
don't need the web interface to use the system, as there is an import
script that can import files from the command line.

Chris