[Asterisk-Users] CallerID for UK

asterisk at marnock.net asterisk at marnock.net
Sat May 28 15:31:56 MST 2005

Hi Gavin,

Can you recommend a good card/modem for the UK?  Looks like I'm going down
the same track as you.  At first I was going for the TDM400 dev kit but
they are not certified or available yet in the UK and I wanted to play :-)

Cheers,

Phil.

On Saturday 28 May 2005 21:41, asterisk at marnock.net wrote:
> Hi Gavin,
>
> Thanks for the reply.  I did look at the wiki and read the page you
pointed
> at.  According to the wiki mark didn't want to add caller id for the
x100p
> card.  I found patches for the x100p card and just this minute
re-compiled
> and they work a treat.  Was just wondering if the patches had been put
into
> the CVS and if not was there plans to put the patches in.  Would be a
shame
> to waste the work and to deny caller id for these cards in the UK.

Well, the official line is as Mr. Spencer has made in that bugtracker
entry...

Digium sell the TDM400P which supports polarity detection. CVS supports UK
CallerID on that card. Digium no longer sell the X100P so it's not
supported
any more.

The X100P is a fairly crappy choice for the UK since it has a hardcoded
600ohm
impedance, suitable really only for the USA...

But yes, 'it was only £10 on eBay' been there done that, wasted hours
playing
with txgain/rxgain/echo cancellation... :)

Cheers,
Gavin