[Asterisk-Users] SIP REFER: Trying again

Hendrik Magilsen hmagilsen at hotmail.com
Fri May 27 12:36:46 MST 2005

Still having trouble, I even tried to remove it from the allowed methods,
but the other end still sent a REFER anyway which asterisk accepts but kills
the call anyway.

Asterisk is being used in a back-to-back sip arrangement to take advantage
of its IVR and ACD capabilities.   So, inbound call from SIP provider in to
asterisk,  runs through IVR and ACD perfectly and then when ready leaves
asterisk back to the SIP provider.  It all works well until the end user
transfers or moves to a conference bridge outside of asterisk.  The Provider
sends a REFER back to the asterisk advising that the endpoint is going to
move.  Asterisk looks up the info in it's extension list (it isn't there of
course) and kills the call.

All of the required information is contained in the REFER, but does not
appear to be used by asterisk.

Is there anyway around this?  Can the asterisk be forced to respond with
method not allowed (in which case another method must be used).  Or is there
another way to manage REFER methods that I haven't found yet.  Is the REFER
dealt with any differently in the CVS load (I'm using the standard version
off the website 1.0.7)?

I do have a workaround but it's ugly and I'd rather solve this problem at
source.

This is the second post for this issue and am hoping for some insight.

Thanks

Hendrik