[Asterisk-Users] CRM integration (was RE: CallerID)

Peter Bowyer peeebeee at gmail.com
Fri May 27 09:04:32 MST 2005

On 27/05/05, Max W Blackmer Jr <max at knowledgepowerit.com> wrote:
> hello everyone,
>
> I just had a thought on this subject why not create a daemon process on
> the Client PC That registers its self and What phone the user is
> connected. An AGI script could monitor the progress and when answered
> could send a push to the registered daemon which would push a link to
> the registered daemon on the telephone operators on the desk top. this
> would not waist resource as much as polling?  perhaps the daemon could
> be written in something portable like java or even as a small applet
> that is launched first and minimized to launch the CRM App in a browser
> and could be written into other CRM Applications.

That's effectively what my modifed YAC does - the registration part
currently requires a manual visit to a web page, but could easily be
integrated into YAC.

My YAC listener can accept a command to launch a URL on the client.
The URL can be sent from (eg) an AGI which can take the callerid info
and do whatever smarts are necessary.

Peter
--
Peter Bowyer