[Asterisk-Users] Recommended Network Latency

Mike Benoit ipso at snappymail.ca
Fri May 27 08:38:44 MST 2005

Define happily?

Jitter is obviously important, but latency is too. For day-to-day
business calls, 250ms is a little high. Both parties will definitely
notice it. In my experience you will find yourself talking over one
another quite often. Even with 100ms this continues to happen from time
to time.

There is no doubt that it can be done, but if your latency ever exceeds
300ms, people tend to get frustrated and it could really start to cause
problems.

Once your agents realize there is a 250ms latency, and get used to it,
it might not be so bad. But personally, it wouldn't be acceptable to me.