[Asterisk-Users] static database config gui

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Thu May 26 23:55:31 MST 2005

Before I start on this next step I want to see if my plan has any flaws.

I'm working on adding multi user functionality to the gui.  By multi
user I mean the ability of any number of end users to create their own
configurations on the same server, without interferring with other
users.

The only thing I can think of that will work is to prefix context
names, section names, and globals with an id unique to the user (most
likely their username).  Then I could do the translation transparent
to the user so they only see the name without the prefix.

The trick as I see it is to come up with the best separator for the
prefixed context/section names.  It needs to be something that won't
collide with anything else, and that asterisk will accept as a name.
Anyone have an opinion on using a double underscore for this?  For
example context [mycontext] for user chris would become
[__chris__mycontext__].  To avoid collisions I could then make the
double underscore an illegal character combination anywhere else.

Chris