[Asterisk-Users] dhcp vars, mediatrix 1204's

Bob Knight bk at minusw.com
Thu May 26 14:39:42 MST 2005

I have been deploying a bunch of sip gateways that I configure
via snmp.  I have noticed that a lot of the variables I need to
set, can be set via dhcp.

I like to just put common entries into my dhcpd.conf file, like:

option some-variable-name some-variable-value

example:

option sip-server 192.168.0.1
option sip-port 5060

How do I know what some-variable-name should be in my dhcpd.conf
file that will map to some snmp mib variable?

I have peeked at the mediatrix mibs and docs and can not seem to
find what I am looking for.  I am guessing the dhcp client in the
gateway is parsing dhcp packets, looking for option names.

--
Bob Knight
[-w] the work option
bk at minusw.com