[Asterisk-Users] multiples broadvoice lines

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu May 26 11:14:31 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-26 at 12:48 -0500, Jay Milk wrote:
> Nothing wrong with putting them all in the same context and using Goto
> -- in fact, I've been using that with nine SIP lines from three
> different providers and a dozen incoming DIDs from two IAX providers.
> Why, you ask?  Because you have your ALL call-distribution nicely
> contained in a single file -- extensions.conf.

I never said there was anything wrong with that if that is what you
choose to do, however I did say that if you do not choose to put them
all in the same context and have them all go to different contexts
instead asterisk ignores your feeble request and does what it wants.
And that in my book qualifies as a bug.

If I set a unique context for each account, the mere fact they are all
from the same sip proxy should not override that.  It does not if they
are from different proxies so it makes no sense that it does when they
are the same proxy.  I think it was either a lazy programmer or a bad
sort algorithm (perhaps an if that doesnt have enough compares for
unique connection information?)

Granted this is a rare occurance for testing purposes, if a test case
was not created to test for this problem specifically it would not be
uncovered until someone used asterisk to try to do exactly this.

I just feel that people should have choice, simple little freedoms to do
their extensions.conf however they want, and not be forced to put them
all in the same context if they do not want to.  Maybe my feelings on
freedom and choice are too far out there and the better solution is to
do it one way because that way is best for one person.

--
Trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com
UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402