[Asterisk-Users] Using zap channels on 2 different servers

Martin Roy mroy at mac.com
Thu May 26 10:49:18 MST 2005

Let say I have a server located in Europe and one in North America.
The 2 servers are connected together with iax2.

Both server are connected to phone lines in there own country.

If I want that when a user call a north american phone number from
the server in Europe it use a zap channel on the server located in
North America and also if someone in North America dial an European
phone number it use a zap channel on the server in Europe how can I
setup this?

Currently it's configure that when a user press 9 and enter the
number to dial it takes a local zap channels to dial out.

I figured easily how to call a remote extension as I use a different
range of extensions for both site but can I use remote zap channels
the same way?

Thanks

Martin