[Asterisk-Users] YET Another echo issue PRI CARD Any help accepted :-)

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu May 26 10:35:52 MST 2005

On May 26, 2005 01:14 pm, Ronald Hartmann wrote:
>        #define CONFIG_ZAPTEL_MMX  <tried this defined and undefined>
>
>  Then tried each of the following types of echo cancellations.
>
>        #define ECHO_CAN_MARK
>        #define ECHO_CAN_MARK2 with and without #define
> AGGRESSIVE_SUPPRESSOR
>        #define ECHO_CAN_MARK3

Try a stock zaptel makefile and zconfig.h with the following:

makefile:
- under "stuff is now in zconfig.h" there are a pair of KFLAGS/CFLAGS
settings.  Add

KFLAGS+=-march=pentium4
CFLAGS+=-march=pentium4

(or whatever your processor is) under them.

in zconfig.h enable MMX but leave everything else alone.

Build and install.  I used to have strange echo problems like that but they
have disappeared.  I also compile Asterisk proper with PROC=pentium4 since a
lot of the DSP (but *not* the echo can) is done in Asterisk proper.

Digium *does* have a TE405P with a hardware echo canceller module on it.  They
do not have this option for single spans, although you could hook up a normal
T1 echo canceller from people such as Tellabs.

I don't profess to know WHY this seems to help me, but it does.  It shouldn't,
especially when it works just fine in one direction but not the other.

-A.