[Asterisk-Users] YET Another echo issue PRI CARD Any help accepted :-)

Ronald Hartmann RHartmann at nnamtraH.com
Thu May 26 10:14:24 MST 2005

Good Day all,

	I have a Fractional PRI connected to my Asterisk Box via a T100P
card.

	When I initiate a call out to phone number 123-8888 the call
sounds great no echo what so ever.

	If the person at 123-8888 hangs up and calls me right back (same
handset on both sides) same trunk line
	The call always has echo on it.  The Asterisk sip extension
hears them selves echoing.  The remote party does not notice any
difference.

	I have tried all the following.

       #define CONFIG_ZAPTEL_MMX  <tried this defined and undefined>

	Then tried each of the following types of echo cancellations.

       #define ECHO_CAN_MARK
       #define ECHO_CAN_MARK2 with and without #define
AGGRESSIVE_SUPPRESSOR
       #define ECHO_CAN_MARK3

I am completely at a loss on how to get rid of this echo problem. The
system is completely useless for incoming calls, as it currently stands.
Is there a Digium card that handles echo better? Are there any asterisk
compatible cards with hardware echo cancellation available?

Thanks

Ron

	[Zapata.conf]
       span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
       bchan=19-23 # set this to 1-15,17-31 for E1
       dchan=24 # set this to 16 for E1

       defaultzone=us
       loadzone=us

	[Zaptel.conf]