[Asterisk-Users] multiples broadvoice lines

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu May 26 08:55:57 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-26 at 10:37 -0500, jltaylor wrote:
> register=XXXXXXXXX1 at sip.broadvoice.com:passwd:XXXXXXXXX1 at sip.broadvoice.com/
> XXXXXXXXX1
> register=XXXXXXXXX2 at sip.broadvoice.com:passwd:XXXXXXXXX2 at sip.broadvoice.com/
> XXXXXXXXX2
>
> This is what I did.  I used the BV number as an "extension" and handled it
> in a context.
> There may be better way.

Yeah but the asterisk bug is that it ignores the context if you use
different ones in the account into.  They all must goto the same context
(smae with stanaphone) which kinda sucks, but ...

oh and a tip:  do *NOT* use 1NXXXXXX for the extension.  The leading 1
will match the dialing rules that broadvoice provides and it will cause
it to loop (I found that out the hardway, 20-30 outbound calls via
broadvoice within 5 seconds).  Leave off the leading one and it should
be fine (which is how I do it for multiple accounts that way I know the
extensions are unique and all).

--
Trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com
UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402