[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 Firmware help please.

Razza rjames31 at btopenworld.com
Thu May 26 08:05:17 MST 2005

Joseph,
My phone has never requested a .xml file in it's life! I have only ever
seen it ask for .cnf's and .txt's.
Ray

<<<<Joseph 26 May 2005 15:58>>>>
Actually, if you have the two files:
 XMLDefault.cnf.xml
 SEPxxxxxxxxxxx.cnf.xml
in your tftp folder, with the new sip firmware specified,
you can take a new 7960/7940 phone with whatever firmware it comes with
and update it to the latest 7.4 from what I have seen.

It loads the new boot loader and than the application.

That is great, as it saves all the incremental updates and happens fast.
Those two files have to both point to the new 7.4 firmware and of course
you will need the normal os79xx.txt file.