[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 Firmware help please.

Joseph tech at ekn.com
Thu May 26 07:57:44 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-26 at 10:26 -0400, Christopher Kenna wrote:
> when i received all my phones, they all had v3. Once I went to v4.x, i
> was able to jump to 5 then 7.

Actually, if you have the two files:
 XMLDefault.cnf.xml
 SEPxxxxxxxxxxx.cnf.xml
in your tftp folder, with the new sip firmware specified,
you can take a new 7960/7940 phone with whatever firmware it comes with
and update it to the latest 7.4 from what I have seen.

It loads the new boot loader and than the application.

That is great, as it saves all the incremental updates and happens fast.
Those two files have to both point to the new 7.4 firmware
and of course you will need the normal os79xx.txt file.

--
respectfully, Joseph ===============