[Asterisk-Users] static database config gui

Kanuri, Seshu (Company IT) Seshu.Kanuri at morganstanley.com
Thu May 26 07:29:17 MST 2005

Chris,

This is a good beginning. Though this does sound useful to me, I would
also like to mention that there are  some database management tools
already available out there - phpMyAdmin for example, where you can
modify everything visually and insert/update/delete Asterisk table data
over the web.

There is another application 'phpconfig' which is part of Asterisk at home
- which can modify the config files in text mode directly. What would be
useful is to modify this application, to make it write the changes to
the mysql database also and synchronize the two sets of config data.
This provides flexibility for the user to edit the data .

AMP GUI does this in updating the tables and writing the same to
additional config files ( but not the other way, i.e if you change the
config files in text mode, it does not update the database, when you
open the gui), that are included in the default config files.

Seshu