[Asterisk-Users] CallerID

Peter Bowyer peeebeee at gmail.com
Thu May 26 00:11:14 MST 2005

On 26/05/05, Tim Connolly <tim at timsnet.com> wrote:
> If everyone running windoze had a xserver running, it would be easy... Just
> have the * display a window on the users windoze box.
>
> The most useful command I've found so far, it the curl(URL) command. I use
> this to do a lookup on inbound callers ${CALLERIDNUM} and see if matches an
> existing customer or employee. If it does, I set the caller name to the
> returned customer number and company name. Although the damned 15 character
> limit is a real pisser... Anyone know a way around that?
>
> You could use curl to invoke the remote popup, but short of using the
> existing jabber interfaces or something, I'm not sure how to invoke window
> pops on a windoze box.

I've hacked the YAC sourcecode in the past couple of days - the
listener  will accept a URL as an alternative to callerID info, and
launch the URL on the client PC. This is fed from a simple AGI, which
constructs the target URL based on the callerid, and looks up where to
send the alert (in MySQL for want of somewhere better) based on the
called extension.

It's not as technologically advanced as the Javascript solutions being
discussed, but it has the advantage of being a 'pull on demand' model
- no polling or pre-loading of a holding page etc.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter at bowyer.org