[Asterisk-Users] CallerID

Tim Connolly tim at timsnet.com
Wed May 25 22:17:29 MST 2005

If everyone running windoze had a xserver running, it would be easy... Just
have the * display a window on the users windoze box.

The most useful command I've found so far, it the curl(URL) command. I use
this to do a lookup on inbound callers ${CALLERIDNUM} and see if matches an
existing customer or employee. If it does, I set the caller name to the
returned customer number and company name. Although the damned 15 character
limit is a real pisser... Anyone know a way around that?

You could use curl to invoke the remote popup, but short of using the
existing jabber interfaces or something, I'm not sure how to invoke window
pops on a windoze box.