[Asterisk-Users] Legacy Toshiba integration

John Novack ( Mozilla - portable ) jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Wed May 25 19:10:32 MST 2005

Joshua Laroff wrote:

>I have recently changed jobs and I now have to administer a Toshiba DK424. I
>would like to integrate Asterisk with this Toshiba PBX. I am quite familiar
>with Asterisk but I have absolutely no idea about this Toshiba. To make
>matters worse the manuals for this system are missing.

Probably not missing. Seldo if ever ae manuals ever sold with a system,
as mos customers would have no use for them.
Manuals for the Toshiba are available on CD all over the inernet as well
as eBay. You can get a CD ful of oshiba manuals for 10 bucks or so,
Do some simple searches
One that comes to mind is telemanuals, or something similar.

>What I would like to
>do is place Asterisk in such a way that we can extend the Voicemail boxes

from other postings on the list, the toshiba VM ports send a "d" DTMF on
disconnect, which, so far, Asterisk can't hear. Seems the developer of
DTMF detection was unaware there are 16 tone pairs, not just 12.

Keyvoice makes a nice VM system for Toshiba that does it all, well under 2K

>and possibly add a few voip extensions. What advice if any might the list
>have on this subject?

In addition to asterisk serving as VM, you will need to provide some
ways in and out of the Toshiba to asterisk with analog circuits.

Why not simply get the manuals, read them, add what hardware you need
and not try and fit a round peg into a square hole.