[Asterisk-Users] Remote Voicemail Notifier / enter Diaplplan on SIP Register

Chris A. Icide chris at netgeeks.net
Wed May 25 12:05:08 MST 2005

There is a patch on Mantis (http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=4371)

Which includes several features.

1.  Support for central voicemail server(s) with remote server
notification via IAX

In other words, this patch allows you to configure an Asterisk server as
a central voicemail server and to send out voicemail notification to
remote Asterisk servers who can then pass the notification on to local
clients.

2. Diaplan command to update voicemail pointers

The patch includes a dialplan command (ChangeMailbox) which allows you
to change both the central voicemail server as well as the remote
clients mailbox pointers.  In other words, you can add/move 'mailbox='
fields via the dialplan.

3. Entry into dial plan upon device registration or loss of registration

This function allows you to configure a dialplan context in which SIP or
IAX devises will activate a dialplan thread allowing you to execute any
non-audio stream dependant dialplan command(s).  An example might be
identifying the location of the registration and using the changemailbox
command to direct the correct voicemail indication to the registering
device.

We need community support if we want to get this added to asterisk.
Please take a gander.  I also have a patch against CVS head 05-02-2005
if you want to test against CVS HEAD prior to all the function changes.
I will try and post both on Mantis and here on -Users some config file
samples and a little better explanation of the configuration sometime
later today.

-Chris