[Asterisk-Users] audio message delivery

Tim Howell Tim.Howell at evfreefullerton.com
Wed May 25 09:07:51 MST 2005

Darren Wiebe wrote:
> I've been looking at a similar problem.  Mine is slightly different
> but it involves a customer phoning in, leaving a recording, and
> having that recording delivered to a list of users.  I hope to code
> at least some of this in the next few weeks.
>
> Darren Wiebe
> darren at aleph-com.net
>
> Dean Collins wrote:
>
>> Hi, I have a client who has asked me to look into the delivery of 30
>> second audio messages to a list of opt-in customers. Probably looking
>> at about 5,000 messages a week over a 6 week period.
>>

>> I know that this would be a piece of cake to have someone develop but
>> I thought I would ask here first if someone is already doing this and
>> what they would charge to take this on as a hosted solution rather
>> than having us develop it from scratch in house.

Rather than coding anything, why not use take advantage of the fact that
Asterisk already can do email message delivery and combine that with a
good mailing list manager like ezmlm-idx (http://www.ezmlm.org/)?  ezmlm
will take care of all of the list management for you, and message
delivery can be accomplished by creating a voicemail box that delivers
to the mailing list address.  If you make the list moderated then you
can also approve all messages before they go out.

Or do you mean audio message delivery to a list of phone numbers?

--TWH